Watchful Hub contains crucial information for your organization, including account settings and user roles. Access to your organization's Hub and any corresponding actions requires user authentication; you will still be able to work on projects when not logged in, but will not be able to use collaboration features. Outlined below are the pages in the Hub as well as steps to create your account.
Note: To create an account in your organization's Hub, you will need direct access to the Hub URL. Be sure to request this from your Watchful administrator.
The first user account registered in your organization's Hub will become an Admin by default. Subsequent accounts are given the Standard user role and can be updated by an Admin after creation (see Admin section below).
To create your account:
- Go to your organization's Watchful Hub URL
- Click 'Sign Up' in the top right corner
- Enter a username. This will be used to track your actions when collaborating on a project.
- Enter the email address associated with your account.
- Enter a password.
- Click 'Sign Up.'
Once your account is created, you'll have access to the pages outlined below.
The Versions page contains three different cURL commands for downloading the latest version of the Watchful Client; one for each OS supported. Refer to the Quickstart Guide for information on how to install Watchful.
The Account page provides basic information about your user account within the Watchful Hub: username, role, and email associated with the account.
The Admin page is only available to users with the Admin role; on this page you'll see a list of users in the organization, their associated role, their status, as well as a few available actions.
In the top right, the 'Add to Team' button allows you to add a new user to your organization's Hub via a modal in which you'll configure the user's username, email address, and password. You can make someone an Admin after account creation by toggling on the 'Admin User' button.
Once the new user is added to the team, they can login with the new credentials.
Admins can also edit existing users' information, including their password:
Finally, archiving a user disables their account, preventing them from accessing your organization's Watchful Hub.
Watchful Hub allows you to designate Admin and Standard user roles, providing an added layer of security for your organization. As shown above, these roles can be configured from the Admin page in the Hub.
Admin users can do the following:
- Grant admin role to others
- Access any route for the organization
- Access the Admin page of the Hub
Standard users can do the following:
- Access collaboration routes (see Collaboration Within Watchful for more information)
Certain features of the Application require authentication, such as Collaboration. Follow these steps to sign in:
- Open the Application (this is where your projects live)
- Click the orange icon in the lower left corner
- Enter the email address and password you used to create your account
- Enter your organization's Hub URL
Updated 3 months ago